This is the story of a FINKS MCC associate and Boxing state titleholder, gunned down in the street, Twice.

Bora Altintas was one of those who found crime, everywhere he went,
Born in Turkey on 20 October 1967, a young brother to Lora.

Bora, Lora and their parents moved to Australia, and that’s when the crimes of Bora began.

He had been in constant trouble with the law since he was a young child.
Dragged before the Children’s Court on numerous occasions. All threats of detention and any punishments handed out proved fruitless.

As an adult, his early rap sheet included. Escape from custody, wilful damage, resisting arrest, unlawful possession, shop breaking and theft, and possessing Indian hemp.


His first prison term began in 1986 when the then 19-year-old Bora and two friends broke into a bookmaker shop. Waited for the owner to return and threatened the owner with a baseball bat and a toy pistol. Making off with more than $13,000

The bookmaker recognised the young men, and it wasn’t long before the courts charged Bora with armed robbery. The court case was in November 1986. Bora received a sentence of two years and six months imprisonment, with a non-parole period of twelve months,
Paroled after 12 months

The next major crime added to his wrap sheet was in March 1989, for selling 191 grams of heroin in three separate deals. While in prison on remand awaiting his court trial, he assaulted two correctional officers. When he did make it to court, he received an additional five years for each count of heroin dealing, added on top of the remainder of his armed robbery charges, a further seven months added for the Assault on the guards.

The final judgement and sentence. Eleven years and four months incarceration with a non-parole period of 8 years. Later reduced to five years on appeal, taken from the time of the original crime of Armed Robbery, back in 1986.


On his release in 1992, he took up professional boxing, backed by the Finks MCC.
His fighting career only lasted two and a half years, but he certainly made his mark.

His first professional Fight, on 26 April 1992, held at the Old Lion hotel against
New Zealander, Moses Ulai. This Fight was also Moses’s first professional Fight, which Bora won via a technical knockout in the third round. Of Moses’s seven professional fights, he only won 2 and then vanished from the boxing scene.

Bora’s second Fight, at the Morphettville racecourse, His opponent, a man named Miles Plant. Unfortunately for Miles, Bora knocked him out cold in the first round.

Fight number three, held in Victoria’s Mechanics Hall in Frankston against Alex Kiss.
Once again, Bora knocked his opponent out in the first round.

The fourth Fight was against a man by the name of Mark Picker at the Morphettville Racecourse. This time Bora lost by the judge’s decision. This infuriated Bora, and he promised revenge on Mark Picker.

The next Fight was against Ricky Jackson, again at Morphettville, and another TKO dealt, out by Bora in the second round.


Fight Six was a major event in the boxing world at the Memorial Drive Tennis Centre. The main Fight at this event was Lester Ellis VS Rocky Berg. Bora’s Fight, a support act against the boxer he had promised revenge against, Mark Picker.

Bora and Pickers Fight started pretty even. Blows dealt and received by both fighters. When the bell went at the end of the second round, Picker dropped his hands and a full three seconds after the bell. Bora right hooked Picker, dropping him. Bora received a disqualification by Referee Tom Ferrautos for a punch after the bell. This decision sent Bora into a rage.

Back in the changing rooms, Bora punched out the guy who was next to fight, breaking his cheekbone. So that fighter had to forfeit his match.
It was a bit of an all in Fight for a while until security calmed it all down.
Out of his next seven professional fights, Bora had one KO, One TKO. Four were awarded on points and one unanimous decision.


So, Bora only lost two fights in his whole boxing career, both to the same guy.
After his last boxing match in 1994, 5 days before Christmas, Bora was sitting in his car, in a quiet suburban street, not far from his house. There were suspicions that he was waiting for a drug mule to drop off a shipment. Another car pulled up next to his, and a double-barrel sawn-off shotgun was pointed out the window at Bora.

Bora managed to throw himself down on the front seat of his car, preventing the shot from hitting him in the head when both barrels were fired directly at him. BIKIE EXECUTED. Bora managed to drive himself to the hospital, Over 100 buckshot pieces were pulled out of his body, But the doctors could not guarantee that they got all of them. When questioned by the police, Bora claimed he did not see the shooter’s face and could not remember what type of car the shooters used.


Bora soon recovered from this shooting but never professionally boxed again.
He moved to Melbourne for a while, living in a Church Street house in Richmond, that was owned by a member of the finks. While he was there, he hooked up with a drug dealer by the name of Traian Duma, Duma supplied Bora with four ounces of heroin, One ounce Bora paid for. The other three ounces were on credit.

The only problem was that the Victorian police, in partnership with the New South Wales Police, and the South Australian Drug Task Force, had been tracking Dumas. They even managed to get listening devices into his car. At 9 pm on 18 November 1997, Victorian Police raided the Church street Richmond safe house and arrested Bora.

Two days later, on 20 November, Bora was extradited back to South Australia, He was held in custody for just over three months before being released on bail.


One of the conditions of his bail was that he wore a tracking bracelet on his ankle.
Over the next few months, he was spotted at the Adelaide Casino and also at the Royal Hotel at Henley Beach without his tracker bracelet around his ankle.

On 18 September, he was seen at a Henly Beach card club, once again without his tracker around his ankle. On the same day he was seen on the other side of Henley Beach road directly opposite the card club, The person who reported the sighting said they he seemed to be in a heated argument with two members of the Finks motorcycle club

Monday 21 September 1998, at around 11 pm, Bora received a phone call at his Mile End home. He got a friend to give him a lift to the Apollo 11 club, at 87 Torrens Road, Brompton..

When they arrived, Bora got out of the car and walked up to the public phonebox on the footpath infront of what was then a Food-Land supermarket (At the time of writing this, the supermarket is branded as a FOOD WORKS store.) He made a phone call then walked back to the car, told the driver to disappear and to come back in half an hour. As the driver left, he thought he saw another car pull up and two men get out.


Four shots rang out. Boras driver checked his rear-vision mirror in time to see one man running back to the car and the car speeding off
The driver turned his car around and returned to where he found Bora dead on the footpath with four high powered bullets in him. One of the bullets passed right through him and through the phone box.
By the time ambulance arrived, Bora was pronounced dead, aged just 30 years old.

The bullet hole remained in that phonebox until around 2010. I personally have been in that phone box and seen the bullet hole.
Bora’s sister, Lora, is featured in episode 10 of this podcast in an episode named WARLORD BIKIE THROWN OVERBOARD ALIVE. a couple of weeks after Bora was killed, Lora was walking down the footpath, less than 1 km from where Bora was killed, when someone drove past and fired a handgun at Lora, hitting her in the arm. It did no major damage, but Lora took this as a warning.

At the time of the writing of this episode, Almost 25 years after the event, No one has been charged for Bora Altintas’s murder. There was a couple of suspects that police looked into thoroughly but those suspects were later discounted. There is a $200 000 reward for information leading to an arrest.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.